Dear Faithless Forum Attendees,
We, the board members of Faithless Forum have been closely monitoring news related to the spread of Covid-19. As much as we want to hold Faithless Forum this June, after much deliberation, we’ve decided to postpone the conference to November 19-21, 2021 for the following reasons:
- While vaccination rates have picked up in the last few months, we feel that holding an event of this size in June will potentially put our attendees and speakers at unnecessary risk.
- Due to ongoing travel restrictions, many of our international speakers and attendees will not be able to attend in June.
We know this comes as a disappointment and inconvenience to all of you, but we feel it is our duty to ensure the safety of all involved with this event. We were hoping that the situation would have improved more by now, but based on the ongoing infection rates as well as guidelines and updates from the CDC, NIH, FDA, and WHO, we have decided that the best course of action is to reschedule the Faithless Forum to the end of 2021. By that point, at the current rate of vaccine rollout, we hope the pandemic will be largely behind us.
We would like to keep the program for 2021 as similar as possible to what we were planning for 2020, but due to changes in the last year and a half, our speakers list will need to be re-examined and will be updated on our website as speakers are confirmed.*
The venue will be the same (the Hilton in downtown Austin, TX), but the new date is November 19-21, 2021.
Faithless Forum Ticket Refunds:
Faithless Forum is offering two options regarding tickets:
- Anybody who has already purchased a ticket/tickets is entitled to a full refund if they want it (please allow 48 hours for processing). This can be requested directly through the Eventbrite website by logging into your account, viewing your tickets, and requesting a refund.
- Since this is a postponement and NOT a cancellation, you can optionally keep your tickets and redeem them when the event takes place in November, 2021. We do expect tickets to sell out, as they did in 2019. If you would like to hang onto the tickets you’ve purchased, to guarantee your spot in 2021, then no action is necessary at this time. Should you choose this option, but later change your mind, tickets are refundable up to 48 hours before the start of the 2021 event.
Click here to view the Faithless Forum event on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/94193335803
Hotel Room Refunds:
We've spoken with the Hilton hotel to make sure that all booked hotel rooms within our room block will be cancelled and refunded to you without penalty, so long as rooms were booked within our room block. Although travel is not recommended at this time, if any of our attendees still wish to stay at the hotel on these dates, the Hilton will gladly reinstate your reservation at the originally booked rate. Please contact the hotel directly for these exceptions.**
500 E 4th St, Austin, TX 78701
Plane Ticket Refunds:
Most major airlines are offering full refunds for purchased tickets or credit towards future flights. For details on plane ticket refunds, you will need to contact your airlines.***
Thank you for your understanding of this situation and your patience during this difficult time. Please stay safe, and reach out to us if you have any questions regarding this event.
More information about the Faithless Forum can be found on our website, here: http://faithlessforum.com.
Chairman of Communications | Faithless Forum
* While we’re doing our best to keep the event the same, due to circumstances outside of our control, all details related to the speakers, date, and schedule of Faithless Forum 2021 are subject to change.
** If you booked your room at the Hilton, but didn’t use our room block link, you may need to call the Hilton and let them know you were coming for this event, and would like to cancel your reservation.
***The Faithless Forum makes no guarantee regarding hotel room and plane ticket reimbursement which is at the sole discretion of the respective hotel and airlines. Faithless Forum is not liable for hotel or plane ticket cancelation costs.